Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Institute - D&C

As some of you know I'm taking an institute class on the Doctrine and Covenants Mondays and Wednesdays at eight in the morning. So this morning I woke up at seven to a very unattractive hairstyle. Unfortunately I left my flat iron in Utah so I had to quickly hop in the shower and we out of the door by 7:45 because it takes about fifteen minutes to walk to the other side of campus. No time for breakfast! As I'm walking along it starts raining...great. By the time I walk into the institute building I have a feeling my morning is not going to turn out. I plop down in my chair and Brother Leisek asks for someone to say the opening prayer, my hand shoots up. Now, not everyone knows about my anxiety of having to do the prayer in a group but it's definitely not something I raise my hand for. So shocked I go up and say it and when I sit back down my morning starts feeling better already. We began talking about the apostasy and restoration. Countless missionary discussions and Sunday school classes and I never realize till today why it is so important to the LDS church. We talked about how privileged we are to have to gospel given to us and how sometimes we don't take advantage of it as much as we should. It made me think of some of my ancesters who maybe were searching for the true gospel but never got it here on this earth. Now that we have it I think it's important that we share it. I know that the true church of Jesus Christ has been brought forth in these latter-days by the prophet Joseph Smith. Because of the dark ages, a reformation was not needed to bring back the gospel but a restoration. A restoration was needed so that we can have the real priesthood authority and true prophets. I am thankful that I am living on this earth at this time and that you are all here with me. I know everyone is here for a reason. I love talking about what I believe and why I believe it so if anyone has any questions please ask. And have a great day!

<3
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment