I just got back from the baptism of Brother Plantz. It was pretty amazing. I told Zack that baptisms kinda remind me of weddings, in an odd sort of way. He didn't really get the analogy (it's one of those things that just makes sense me to me when I say it - haha). But I said it's like when you watch a wedding, the bride and groom look so happy as they commit to spend their lives together. That's my favorite part - the look of happiness on their faces. It's the same with a baptism. After someone goes under the water they come out with the same look of happiness, joy actually. That person not only committed their life, but all eternity, to keeping a covenant with our Heavenly Father.
Sister Plantz gave the talk on the Holy Ghost and she use an analogy I really liked. She said something along the lines of ", Describing the Holy Ghost to someone who doesn't have it is like trying to describe a rainbow to a blind person. You can say that it is majestic, that it stretches from one side of the sky to the other. But you really don't know what a rainbow is until you go outside and smell the freshly fallen rain and see the beautiful colors streaming across the sky."
with love,
Lauren
No comments:
Post a Comment