Okay so the title might be a little deceiving to some extent. The Romero Family Reunion only consisted of three days of camping. But there were now showers or running water during those three days!
I spent ten days with most of my second family and got to meet a lot of their extended family. I think that was my favorite part of the trip, getting to meet so many nice warm hearted people. With lots of energy, can't forget that. We camped up on Grandma and Grandpa Romero's property in the Idaho mountains - so beautiful! The fresh air was, well, a breath of fresh air. Zack and I rode one of the quads up on top of a hillside. We could see for miles rolling hills covered in pine trees and valleys of luscious green grass. The beauty of the landscape is truly a testament of the love our Heavenly Father has for us. I am thankful for this beautiful earth He made for us!
Two of the days on our trip we went to an amusement park called Lagoon in Utah. I already feel like I'm getting too old for roller coaster but I still had a really fun time. The second day there we spent at the water park for a couple of hours. A nice escape from the Utah heat. Zack and I mostly just enjoyed floating around in the lazy river. Halli joined us for a few laps too :)
On Wednesday we stopped by BYU, where my sweetheart is going to school starting this fall (which is almost a week away?!). It's going to be hard being away from him... I won't get started on that. But I enjoyed seeing where he is going to live - it sure is pretty up there.
This is probably the shortest summary possible but I've got to go get ready! I'll be posting pictures later tonight :)
forever young,
Lauren
yay for having a blog. hopefully you will be better at updating than i am. i'm working on it. can't wait to see pictures of family camp! sounds like you guys had so much fun.
ReplyDelete